PokeHacker Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101

5 posters

Go down

Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Empty Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101

Post by .Luna Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:22 am

The Beginners Guide To Shines and Chaining

By (Emily) Skullie/.Luna

Intro

When most people think of shiny or ‘differently colored’ (<Game freak) pokemon, they get a rush of happiness, and are in high hopes of obtaining one. However, when people think about chaining pokemon, they are in disgust just thinking about that much money spent on max repels and something you can never get back- time. Now, when I say beginners, I expect you to know some terms. Like shiny pokemon and what chaining is. If you don’t know, this guide might be a tad confusing. Google will be your friend if you look these terms up if you don’t know what it means. This guide is only to be used by “Skullie” and can only be used under HER permission. You may NOT link to it either without her permission. AT ALL! I wont tolerate noobs that try to copy and paste this somewhere and say that this is theirs. This guide is stressing the fact, that chaining CAN be easy! And if it isn’t fun, well stop playing pokemon. It’s a challenge to try to do this. MORE MONEY CAN BE EARNED.

· Pokeradar! To Chain the pokemon ^^!
· Poketech app # 20. To see how many you have chained.
· Around 70-100 Max repels.
· Know which pokemon and route its on!

Short&sweet. Its all too easy.

First of all, I’d suggest you get a pokemon that is decently rare, and is pretty much the only pokemon on its route that is rare to start with. (Like ralts on route 204 an ditto on route 218.) The rare pokemon will always the brightest and most violently shaking when you used the pokeradar. This will NEVER be where a shiny is hiding! EVER! This will be a decently rare pokemon ALMOST always. I find ralts to be extremely easy to chain. It is THE ONLY pokemon on route 204 that when you use the poke radar, it shakes and sparkles lightly. It takes time and money to find shines, but its defiantly worth it in the end. So, say your hunting ralts. Use a Max repel, get in the grass and use the poke radar. Say a grass shakes that is normal. DO NOT WALK INTO IT! It will not be ralts. Don’t walk into any of the patches infact. Reset the radar and try again. Important* Do not walk into another route/city or anything that isint the route your on when reseting your radar. Your chain WILL BE LOST!* So say you see that patch I described. When you go onto that patch, and it’s the pokemon you want, you MUST catch it r kill it no matter what. After this, the pokeradar will automatically go again. Go to the same patch that looks as if it’s the same. If it is, congratulations! You have a chain. Once your max repel wears off, IMEDITLY use another one. Once you get one species of that pokemon, it seems like more show up! Repeat this process as much as you like. You chances will increase for getting a shiny until you reach 40. Then its like starting over. You can go a far as you want. Just keep in mind that if you go past 40,80,etc., it will be like having the normal chances of finding a shiny pokemon in the wild.

FAQ

Q1. What does a shiny patch LOOK like?

A.1. It doesn’t shake. It just gives off a short glow like sparkle. It happens in a snap.

Q.2 How can I tell when I pokemon is shiny??

A.2. You can tell when after its growl or call, a shiny ring circles it. Or you can easily tell sometimes by just simply looking at its colors, and seeing if they are different then the majority of the time.

Q.3. Is There a way to tell if you have broken your chain before you go to the patch?

A.3 Um…yes and no. A snippet before battle, look at you chain of pokemon on app 20. It will disappear if its isn’t the pokemon you want, or will stay if it IS.

Please, contact me on the pokecommunity or pokehackers forums or by email if you want me to add something, need help, or have/need any suggestions. Good luck with your adventure!

Skullie/.Luna/Emily
emily@emilyelson.com

.Luna
.Luna
.Luna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Female Number of posts : 125
Warning :
Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Right_bar_bleue

Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Left_bar_bleue150 / 100150 / 100Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Empty Re: Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101

Post by riolu 9 Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:13 am

wow this really helped ill try it now
riolu 9
riolu 9

Male Number of posts : 46
Warning :
Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Right_bar_bleue

Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Left_bar_bleue69 / 10069 / 100Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luna Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:27 pm

^Thanks! Shinys can be easy, and fun to chain when you do it correctly! Very Happy

.Luna
.Luna
.Luna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Warning :

Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Left_bar_bleue150 / 100150 / 100Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Sandro:. Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:18 pm

Wow really thanks for this tutorial .Luna I'm gonna try it for sure!
.:Sandro:.
.:Sandro:.
Super Moderator/Graphic Designer
Super Moderator/Graphic Designer

Male Number of posts : 152
Warning :

Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://pcclinic.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KhaosKnight Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:58 pm

meh i must really be a nOOb because i have never heard of chaining(or its because i dont care about shinys that much) but the tut looks good .luna.
KhaosKnight
KhaosKnight
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 236
Warning :

Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by .Iramet Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:58 am

I'm same as khaos I never even heard of this radar thing I thought you get a shiny randomly....lol
.Iramet
.Iramet
Assastant Admin
Assastant Admin

Male Number of posts : 224
Warning :
Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Right_bar_bleue

Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Left_bar_bleue45 / 10045 / 100Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by KhaosKnight Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:17 am

Well i have heard of the PokeRadar, and i knew it was easier to get shinies with it, but i have never heard of chaining.....
KhaosKnight
KhaosKnight
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 236
Warning :

Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by .Iramet Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:37 am

alien Oh dang then im a complete neeb about this.lol
.Iramet
.Iramet
Assastant Admin
Assastant Admin

Male Number of posts : 224
Warning :
Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Right_bar_bleue

Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Left_bar_bleue45 / 10045 / 100Chaning Shinys For Beginners 101 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luna Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:32 pm

I dont care much about shineys (like I did about a moth ago.) either. Just a little tut. I whipped up XD.

.Luna
.Luna
.Luna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum